Crop Care Technician
- Immediate start
- Potential Full-time role after qualifying period
- Located in Katunga
Duties will involve:
- Truss Pruning - Selecting the best fruit to achieve optimal truss production
- Qlipping- Training the plants to grow up the string supports
- De-leafing - Removing leaves to improve the growth of the plants and to make the next harvesting truss visible.
- Establishment and planting of new crops
- Participate in the removal of finishing crop during the winter season
- Other duties such as arch supports, pollination, crop spraying, and identifying crop pests and diseases where required.
To see a demonstration of each of these duties, visit our You Tube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/FlavoriteHydroponics
Core capabilities of successful candidates:
- Able to follow instruction
- Reliable and motivated
- Good level of fitness
- Able to do repetitive work
- Strong team work abilities
- High attention to detail
- Strong Safety Awareness
Please click here to view the Position Description.
These casual positions represent core roles that are integral to Flavorite’s continued success and have the potential to be full-time after a qualifying period.
Previous experience in the horticulture sector is desirable, but not essential as successful applicants will be provided with intensive training to understand the quality and performance standards required.
Please complete your application below.
Applications close: COB Tuesday, 23 January 2018.
DUE TO POTENTIAL FOR FULL-TIME ROLE, WORKING HOLIDAY VISA HOLDERS NEED NOT APPLY