Crop Care Supervisor
- Located in Warragul
- Integral role with expanding organisation
- Outstanding career opportunity
About the Organisation
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
About the Opportunity
The Crop Care department is primarily responsible for tending to the growing needs of the crops from pollination through to pruning to ensure a high quality and quantity of fruit yield.
This role will report directly to the Head Grower and will be responsible for leading a team of people to achieve a high result. You will need to be able to train, motivate and manage your team within the company’s guidelines to achieve KPIs and required production targets.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of team including recruitment; orienting and training of all employees
- Manage workloads through supervision and delegation
- Manage rosters
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Responsible for employee engagement and development
- Manage labour hours
- Perform/Assist with crop care tasks to ensure target times are going to be achieved
- Report crop issues to appropriate departments
- Liaise with head grower regarding the crop care requirements for the following week
- Ensure the correct crop care equipment and tools are available and ready for use
- Check weather forecast and plan crop care according to the weather
- Organise work patterns in line with spraying timetable
- Provide support to other Crop Care Supervisors as required
- Ensure enforcement of hygiene protocols through foot baths, hand wash, hand dips etc
- Manage layering to ensure fruit drop is minimised
- Supervision of pollination to ensure setting
- Undertake maintenance and parts requests
- Check PPTR report and submit payroll forms/variations fortnightly
- Accurate supervision of FlavorFind use
- Stocktake administration
The successful applicant should possess the following competencies:
- Minimum 6 months demonstrated capability to undertake all Crop Care tasks
- Coaching & training skills
- Basic computer skills
- Motivation & Initiative
- Planning & Organisational awareness
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Safety Awareness
- High attention to detail
- Quality orientation
- Consultative communication skills
- Team player
This is full time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season. It represents a core role that is integral to Flavorite's continued success.
The successful applicant will be required to successfully obtain and maintain First Aid certification and a valid Forklift licence with machinery operation experience desirable.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for these roles, please complete your application below.
Application close: Wednesday 23 January, 2019 – Close of Business