Senior Packing and Logistics Supervisor
- Would you like to work a 4-day week, Wednesday - Saturday?
- Do you want to work in a state-of-the-art packing facility?
- Flavorite is a rapidly growing organisation and a leader in the industry
- Flavorite is situated in Warragul which is 1 hour from the city
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation.
The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
The Production and Logistics Supervisor is responsible for planning and controlling all functions of the Packhouse from Wednesday to Saturday, as well as all Logistics functions on Saturday.
Reporting to the Packing and Logistics Manager, you will be required to ensure that customer orders are packed efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the performance of direct reports to ensure the achievement of KPIs and quality requirements
- Developing and managing of the roster and labour budget which includes weekly staff planning of the Wednesday to Saturday roster, in conjunction with the Packing and Logistics Manager
- Managing of the Production team including:
- Managing of all packhouse and logistics tasks carried out and ensuring they are completed within budgeted times
- Checking of picking forecast to plan packing workloads accordingly
- Organising the sequence in which orders will be produced and what stock individual orders will be made from
- Managing transported fruit and packaging material loads into and out of the farm that occur on a Saturday.
This is a full-time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season.
This position is a hands-on role which works closely with the Production line staff.
The successful candidate is required to have:
- Previous team management experience
- Previous labour forecasting experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic planning ability
- Well-developed planning & organisational skills
- Sound judgement
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- High attention to detail and quality
- High level of compliance with safety regulations
A current forklift licence, first aid certificate and previous experience in the FMCG industry would be desirable.
To view the position description, please click here.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please complete your application below.
As this is a full-time position, all applicants must have full time working rights.