- Do you have a passion for horticulture and an eye for detail?
- Full time position located in Tatura, VIC
- Supportive and welcoming environment with opportunities for career development
As a large Australian business and leader within the Horticulture Industry and Glasshouse fruit and vegetable production, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities.
We are committed to supporting great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
With several Flavorite sites located across Victoria, this role is based at our Tatura location which currently employs over 300 employees.
About the opportunity
We have available an exciting position for an individual who is passionate about Horticulture and looking grow their career within our Technical Growing team. In this technical role, you will find yourself thriving under new challenges in our high-tech Glasshouses where no two days are the same.
Reporting directly to the Senior Grower, the Growing Technician is responsible for assisting the Growing team with the implementation of the growing strategies in order to achieve budgeted production levels of our various cucumber and tomato crops.
The Growing Technician role is a great platform to develop your career in growing where you will get on the job experience in growing operations.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Inspection of crop health and irrigation requirements
- Apply spray solutions in a manner consistent with spray routines, and maintain spray equipment
- Maintenance and repairs of irrigation lines and equipment
- Undertake PH and EC calibrations to specifications
- Use of computer-based program to control greenhouse environment
- Mix fertiliser to procedure and OH&S standards
- Record and report on goods consumption
- Complete regular audits against required targets
Previous experience or a strong desire to develop a career in Horticulture with a willingness to participate in a comprehensive training program is essential. An understanding of Priva software and glasshouse growing experience is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience (desirable)
- High attention to detail and sound judgement
- Intermediate computer skills - Microsoft Office
- Consultative communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships throughout all levels of the organisation
- Ability and flexibility to work a varied roster that includes weekends and on call.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are great fit for this role, we look forward to you submitting your application details.