Crop Care Leading Hand
About the Organisation
Flavorite is the largest Australian glasshouse producer of fresh fruit and vegetables and a leader within the Horticulture Industry. We have an innovative and sustainable approach to farming and are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities.
We are committed to supporting great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive environment where our employees feel strongly connected to out values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
With several sites located across Victoria, this role is based at our Mansfield location.
About the Opportunity
The Crop Care department is primarily responsible for tending to the growing needs of the crops from pollination through to pruning to ensure a high quality and quantity of fruit yield.
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor in the training and development of team members to complete Crop Care tasks
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor by checking quality of tasks completed throughout the greenhouse
- Participate in weekly training in all aspects of Crop Care Supervision
- Complete Crop Care tasks to specific KPIs
- Truss Pruning
- Pollinating (Whacking & Blowing)
- Arch Supporting
- Other Crop Care tasks as require
- Perform Higher Duties in the absence of Crop Care Supervisor
What do we offer:
- Work for an innovative company learning from industry leaders
- Strong training program including the development of leadership skills
- Endless career growth opportunities
The successful applicant may be required to successfully obtain and maintain First Aid certification and a valid Forklift license. It is desirable but not essential the successful applicant has at least 6 months crop care experience.
How to apply
Please complete your application below to apply