- Full-time permanent position offering security and stability.
- Join a rapidly growing business that is an industry leader.
- Leadership opportunity with career advancement
About the Opportunity:
Flavorite are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our leadership team at Katunga.
The Picking Supervisor is responsible for managing all resources to ensure the implementation of the picking strategies are undertaken to achieve budgeted production levels.
Reporting directly to the Senior Grower / Farm Manager, you will have proven experience in training, instructing and motivating a team to reach company targets.
A background in Agriculture or Horticulture is highly regarded. However, the role will also suit a candidate with strong demonstrable leadership and communication skills developed within another industry.
- People Management including recruitment; orienting and training of all employees.
- Management of workloads and rosters through supervision and delegation
- Performance Management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Ensuring picking tasks are completed within target times by undertaking picking when required.
- Liaising with Harvest Manager regarding the picking strategy for the following week and that the appropriate staffing levels are available to meet the weekly picking tasks.
- Organizing the setup and start-up of all picking including trolleys, equipment and all resources required
- Managing extra labour requirements when picking poor quality fruit and/or any other additional production tasks
- Checking picking forecast and planning picking accordingly
- Reporting all fruit issues to Senior Grower / Farm Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- Training and Coaching experience within a Multicultural workplace.
- Experienced Team Management of small to large teams.
- Demonstrated Performance Management capabilities.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills,
- Time Management & Organisational skills within budget restraints.
- OHS Knowledge with experience in Implementation & training of safety policies.
This is full time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season.
If you are the successful applicant, you will be given comprehensive training to understand the quality and performance requirements for all picking tasks.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete the application below.