Packing Machine Operator
- Two positions available: 1 X 4 day week Wednesday - Saturday, 1 x 5 day week Monday - Friday
- Work in state of the art production facility
- Located in Warragul
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
Reporting directly to the Packing Supervisor, you will be responsible for the operation of production equipment to ensure orders are delivered to deadline and quality specifications whilst working in a dynamic changing environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Operating packing machinery in accordance with daily orders
- Basic machine maintenance
- Ensuring all tools and equipment are in working order and available for use when required
- Preparing retention samples for the Quality Department
- Packing duties as required
- Responsibility for ensuring packing items are stored correctly and are easily accessible when required
- Reporting all issues to the Production Supervisor
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good level of fitness with the ability to undertake physical and repetitive work
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Have previous packing experience
- Demonstrated safety orientation
- Ability to problem solve
- Organisation skills
With each day presenting new challenges, this role will suit someone who is highly organised, has well-developed mechanical aptitude and strong communication skills.
Please complete your application below if you are interested in this position.
Applications close: COB Friday 1 November, 2019.