Production Horticulturist - Senior (Multiple sites)
At Flavorite, we grow, pack, market, distribute and supply fresh produce to all major supermarkets and independent greengrocers throughout Australia and the Asian export market. Our glasshouse production enables us to control all aspects of the growing environment. With access to state of the art technology, extensive growing experience and a global growing network at our fingertips, we are constantly pushing into new and ground breaking initiatives.
We value teamwork, honesty, responsibility and accountability in all we do. Our employees are the lifeblood of our business. By supporting, training, and developing our employees we strive to promote career development and greater work-life balance for our people
We are committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture and workplace with equal access to benefits, resources, and opportunities. Our differences help us spark ideas, create connections, and discover commonality, helping us foster understanding, show empathy, and build communities. We want our employees to feel safe, heard and respected in their place of work.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
With multiple facilities across Victoria (including Warragul, Tatura, Mansfield, Katunga, Ravenhall and Epping ) Flavorite are currently seeking suitably qualified and/or experienced Senior Production Horticulturists to join our “growing” teams!
The Senior Production Horticulturists are responsible for assisting the Grower with the implementation of the growing strategies in order to achieve budgeted production levels.
Responsibilities of these roles will include (but are not limited to):
- Train / monitor workers where required to ensure tasks are done as per standard procedures
- Assist in preparation of working programs daily / weekly / monthly to facilitate
- Implementation of respective tasks daily, weekly and monthly
- Assist in the implementation of growing strategy to suit each crop and greenhouse
- Monitor and evaluate growing strategies to assess set points and adjust accordingly
- Assess quality of work and take corrective actions where applicable
- Ensure that all material inputs are adequate for respective operations
- Liaise with Farm Operation Manager / Agronomist/ Maintenance Manager where required
- Operate various equipment and implements
- Identify and report unusual disease or plant pest signs
- Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- Fumigate soil
- Complete nutrient mixes to ensure adequate nutrient supply, and assist in the establishment of weekly nutrient requirements
- Liaise with maintenance to ensure equipment is in good working order to meet farm operations
- Manage, install drainage systems
- Participate in the on-call rotating roster
Skills & Experience:
We are seeking motivated, safety conscious individuals with the following experience and attributes:
- Minimum Cert III Qualification or equivalent OR 3 years’ experience in this position plus formal training OR a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in this position.
- Experience in all responsibilities/activities shown above.
- Current Forklift license (desirable).
- Sound mathematical skills.
- ChemCert (desirable).
- Experienced in the use of Climate Software and with intermediate general computer skills.
- Flexible and reliable – available for on call emergency roster.
We provide ongoing training and development to ensure you have the tools, knowledge and support to succeed in your role. We also provide:
- Great career opportunities in a rapidly growing organisation.
- Competitive Salary of $60,000 - $75,000.
- Supportive and welcoming team environment.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our teams in any of the above locations, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!